Saturday, 26 January 2013
Week 2
This week, CSC165 was harder than the first week. In the past few lectures we discussed negation, implications, vacuous truths, converting English claims into symbolic ones, and using venn diagrams to illustrate implications. Understanding these concepts is becoming a challenge, and I know it's only going to become harder. The tutorial handouts and assignment are also much more difficult than what we learn in lecture. The second tutorial handout took me about 2 hours to do, and about 85% of my answers were wrong anyway, despite feeling good about the material during lectures. I'm also not sure how I did on the second quiz, and I hope I do well on the next one. I also haven't even started the assignment that's due in 4 days. Overall, my confidence in this course is dropping fast. I should probably do more readings and extra homework to make sure I understand what is going on in this course. If I am unable to keep up with CSC165, I may drop it and retake it in summer school, which isn't that bad since I'm doing summer school anyway. Right now, my goal is just to get this first assignment done. Oh well, there's only 9 weeks left of class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment