It's been a while since my last post, so I'll try to make a new post for each week of class, that way there will be no massive wall of text to read.
So after the first test, we continued discussing proofs and how to solve them. I found the part about proof about limits to be pretty confusing, and I still don't really understand it quite well. We also learned how to disprove a statement, which requires you to negate the statement. For example, if an existential statement needs to be disproved, you would negate the statement and prove that for all elements of a set, the negation is true.
The tutorial handout that we also did during this week required us to write the proof structure for various proofs and then complete the proofs themselves. I'm not really sure if I did this handout correctly, and I also didn't write the quiz because I missed the class, but I feel the practice I had writing proofs for assignment 2 was a good way to learn the material that I missed and didn't learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment