Saturday, 30 March 2013

SLOG 8

During this week we continued talking about proofs involving big-oh notation. I was fairly lost at this point, but it's more because I spent my time studying for the upcoming test than because the material is very difficult, but maybe it'll turn out that the material is in fact really hard (but I hope that is not the case). I don't really understand what the whole pick a constant and pick a breakpoint is supposed to signify, or how to manipulate an equation in order to turn it into something that we want so that we can assign values to the constant and breakpoint, but since this stuff is not on the upcoming test, it isn't a priority for me right now.

Me and my partner also submitted the second assignment this week. Hopefully all goes well; the only problem we really had any difficulty with was the last one, but I'm optimistic that we did well.

We also spent an entire lecture trying to solve a penny pile problem. I did this problem with 2 other students, and will make a separate post about this later on.

The test was also this week and I think I did pretty well, despite having to catch up on a lot of the material for proofs.

No comments:

Post a Comment